There is no fixed scale of fees for barristers. Generally, fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis with the instructing solicitor based on the following factors:
- the complexity of the issue or subject matter;
- the length and venue of any trial or hearing;
- the amount or value of any claim or subject matter in issue provided; however, the level of fee should not be calculated solely on the basis of the value of the case or on a basis directly proportionate to the value of the case;
- the time within which the work is or was required to be undertaken; and,
- any other special feature of the case.
The works on this web site are given for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Keivon Sotoodeh BL does not accept any responsibility for loss which may arise from relying on the information contained on this site.